We stand behind everything we make. If you experience any issues due to a manufacturer defect within the warranty time frame, we’ll repair or replace it for free!
HOW TO FILE A WARRANTY REQUEST
Let’s get your gear back in action! Complete the Warranty Request Form below if you have a claim under warranty in the United States.
International warranty inquiries should be directed to the original retailer or distributor. SylvanSport will not credit any customs taxes and duties.
Once you’ve completed the form, you’ll receive an email with detailed instructions.
LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY AND GUIDELINES – effective February 1, 2023
SylvanSport’s Limited Warranty applies only to the original purchaser of SylvanSport brand products purchased and used in the United States and countries specifically authorized by SylvanSport for retail sale.
Only original, unaltered, and unmodified materials and workmanship are covered by this warranty. This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use. This warranty does not cover consequential damages or any other losses arising from any defect of the product. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Damage not covered under warranty may be repaired for a reasonable rate and a fee will be charged for shipping.
SylvanSport’s Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not SylvanSport-branded, even if packaged or sold with SylvanSport products. Non-SylvanSport-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer. Please see your product box and literature for details.
If a SylvanSport branded product covered by one of the following warranty options qualifies as a manufacturing defect, we will repair the product, without charge, or replace it, at our discretion.
TRAILERS & ROOFTOP TENTS
SylvanSport trailers (VAST, GO, GO EASY, TraiLOFT) and rooftop tents (LOFT) are backed by a full 2 year warranty to the original owner. This includes any manufactured and assembled parts by SylvanSport.
For non-SylvanSport components, please refer to the appropriate manufacturer for terms and conditions of coverage.
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS – TRAILERS & ROOFTOP TENTS
- Normal wear & tear, abuse, unauthorized modifications or alterations, improper use or maintenance, negligence, damage, or use for a purpose that the product was not designed.
- Products that are working as intended, but which you are unhappy because of the design.
- Any part or component of the product that was not manufactured or installed by SylvanSport
- Normal maintenance and service items, including, but not limited to, light bulbs, fuses, lubricants, sealants and seals, door adjustments, awning tension, etc.
- After-market equipment or accessories installed on the travel trailer after completion of manufacture by SylvanSport, or any defects or damage caused by such items
- Any use other than for temporary recreation purposes, including, but not limited to, use for residential, rental, business/commercial purpose.
- Accidents. We strongly urge our dealers and customers to inspect the trailer upon receipt of delivery for any damage caused by accident while being delivered to the dealer, or while it is on the dealer’s lot. Damage of this nature becomes the dealer or customer’s responsibility upon acceptance of delivery, unless SylvanSport is notified and the person making the delivery verifies the damage.
- Abuse. Lack of customer care and/or improper maintenance will result in early failure for which SylvanSport cannot be held responsible.
- Exposure. Not unlike a car, the steel parts of a trailer can and will rust if subjected to prolonged exposure to moisture, salt air, or corrosive air-borne pollutants without repainting. Aluminum oxidizes when unprotected under similar conditions, and refinery chemicals of a sulfurous nature are harmful to finishes if not washed off periodically.
- Extremely hot or direct sunlight will deteriorate rubber and fade fabrics. Conditions of this nature, although they may be normal for the area, are beyond SylvanSport’s control and become the responsibility of the owner.
- Overload Damage due to loading, either beyond capacity or to cause improper towing because of improper balance, is beyond SylvanSport’s responsibility. The SylvanSport trailer is engineered to properly handle the gross vehicle load rating on the certification label. Load distribution has a definite effect upon the towing characteristics and attitudes of the trailer. Level hitch installations are a necessity. There are limits to the amount of load that can be safely transported, depending upon speed and road conditions, and reasonable cause to believe these factors have been exceeded could void the SylvanSport warranty. For additional information on the loading of your trailer, consult this Owner’s Manual or gross vehicle weight rating plate.
- The axle is manufactured to a tolerance of 1-degree camber and 1/8 in. toe-in. These tolerances will only change if the trailer is subjected to abuse, such as dropping off a sharp berm, striking a curb, or hitting a deep hole in the road. Such damage could be considered as resulting from an accident, of which risks are not covered under the warranty. Abnormal tire wear and/or wheel alignment resulting from such damage is not covered under the terms of the warranty.
- Damage caused by, in whole or in part, or in any way related to:
- Accidents, misuse (including off-road use), or negligence
- Failure to comply with the instructions set forth in any owner’s manual provided with the product
- Alteration or modification of the travel trailer except such alterations or modifications approved in writing by SylvanSport
- Acts of God or other environmental conditions, such as lightning, hail, salt causing rust, or other chemicals in the atmosphere
- Failure to properly maintain or service the travel trailer, including but not limited to the maintenance of lubricants, sealants, and seals
- Condensation and the results of condensation including water damage and the growth of mold or mildew. Mold and mildew are natural growths given certain environmental conditions and are not covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty
- The addition of weight to the travel trailer that causes the total weight to exceed applicable weight ratings, or addition of weight causing improper distribution of the weight of the travel trailer
- Failure to seek and obtain repairs in a timely manner
- Failure to use reasonable efforts to mitigate damage caused by defects
- Acts or omissions of any person or entity other than SylvanSport. (Note: An irrefutable presumption arises that the travel trailer has been used for commercial and/or business purposes if the travel trailer owner or user files a tax form claiming any business or commercial tax benefit related to the travel trailer, or if the travel trailer is purchased, registered or titled in a business name.
We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the SylvanSport Limited Warranty at any time and without prior notice.